Monday, December 21, 2009

A Dispatcher Walks into a Dumb Question...

Me: 911 what's your emergency?

caller: yeah, my wife needs a transport.

me: okay.

caller: we need an ambulance to take her to the hospital.

me: sure, what's your address?

[no answer]

me: sir, what's your address?

(wait for it...)

caller: It's just that she's feeling really weak and not getting around too good.

me: Oh, yeah. I understand. We can get some help out there. Where is she?

[no answer]

Me: hello?

(wait for it...)

caller: yeah?

(here it comes...)

me: What address is the ambulance going to?

caller: The hospital.

me: where are they picking your wife up?

[no answer]

me: sir?

caller: yes?}

me: WHAT's YOUR ADDRESS? (it gets all caps because I had to yell)

Finally he gives me an address and I can send him onto medical....

I knew he was going to say the hospital as soon as the words got passed my lips. oh well, he could only hear about half of what I said so I was glad to get that. live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment